[IRP] forward IGC open consultation statement & endorsement draft

C H craighubleyca
Fri Feb 20 21:45:03 EET 2009

". We wont have time to raise and tweak controversal points, so i suggest we generally endorse the IGC statement and update the secretariate on our name change and merger process. Please send a quick supportive yes or constructive critique/edit suggestions."

This is a wholly inappropriate way to deal with sensitive text.  It highlights the inadequacy of email and teleconferences and the need for a serious wiki-based collaboration method like those the W3 and other orgs that influence Internet policies use.  Here's a nice reference on what a really advanced such method looks like:
 http://groups.google.com/group/votorola/browse_thread/thread/550739baa9e7f836?hl=en
There are of course many simpler methods in use right now all over the web.

The only "constructive" suggestion I can make is to mark this thing draft or interim and commit to a more serious consultation process involving more actual stakeholders and fewer self-selected committee members.

Craig